Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Mythical Writer's Block


Writing Tip #3:  I truly don't mean to brag, but I rarely suffer from writer’s block.

Maybe I don’t understand writer’s block. I feel like it's a myth -- I always have something to say.

Sometimes I don’t know how to get from this point of the story to that point of the story, but eventually it happens. I usually just concentrate on the part of the story I can see at that moment. I end up with lots of pieces I then put into an order. Then I work to bridge the pieces. Sometimes the pieces don’t fit, and I reorganize. Sometimes pieces don’t fit, and I either ditch them or rewrite them.

Some writers don’t write this way – they write straight through from beginning to end. But this is the process that works for me.

You have to find your own process.

No comments:

Post a Comment