Monday, July 13, 2015

Tentative August Release


I am anticipating an August debut of Relic.

There is a multi-pronged effort at this point:

·         My marketing team is working on back cover copy.

·         A graphic designer is creating the cover.

·         I am crafting the map and floor plan to augment the story.

·         My application for a Library of Congress number is being completed.

Although it makes me crazy to have nothing finished, all of these things have to be happening at once. They all hinge on one another. The back cover copy has to be completed before the cover can  be completed. The cover needs to be completed before I can order a proof. The map and floor plan need to be added to the manuscript so that I can tweak the final layout. A proof has to exist before the Library of Congress number can be assigned, but the number and information has to be added to the back of the title page before the book can be released for final printing.

And some people think that writer’s block is a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment