Wednesday, June 17, 2015

So Many Decisions


"It’s never too late to be what you might have been."
                                             -       George Eliot
 

I’m sorry that I haven’t been around, but remember my first job is teaching. The end of the year is a busy time.

I have squeezed in some time to play with the page layout of
Relic – just enough to make me anxious and excited to get rolling full speed. I’ve had time to play with font styles for chapter numbers, chapter titles, and possible drop caps.

I’ve realized my paragraph indents are too big for a small page. I’ll have to hand adjust each one unless I can find a quicker fail-safe way. I’ve also started to drop in photos at the beginning of each chapter, but that has only impressed upon me how many more photos I have to take.

Plus I have to find time to finalize the map of Willowbend and the floor plan of Hydrangea Hall. I’m spending a lot of mental time trying to figure out what style I want them to be. Should they look like a young person drew them? Should they be a pencil sketch? Marker and water color? Should they be child-like, or drawn by a person with some artistic talent?

So many decisions to be made….

I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment