Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Next Steps


Now that Relic is written, I fear the real work has begun!

I’m working on a final edit. After that I plan to read the entire manuscript aloud to check for any final tweeks. Then it’s all about laying out the inside pages with my photography at the start of each chapter. I’m going to use a marketing person to write a blurb for the back cover. I need to worry about ISBN numbers and Library of Congress numbers and dedications and acknowledgements.

While I work on preparing the inside of the book, I’ve engaged the services of graphic artist Aaron LaPorta to design the cover. I’ve sent him a summary and my author’s notes for an initial direction. He’s great at the work he does for the Buffalo Bills, so I’m sure he’ll do a terrific job. I’m really excited about how he’ll imagine my book for me.

I’d love Relic to hit the market by August, but I don’t know if that’s realistic!

 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished book. We will need a signed copy of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it too -- getting anxious for the pieces to fall into place!

    ReplyDelete