Thursday, April 11, 2024

Speaker Fun

Recently, I had a wonderful experience as the featured author invited to kick off the Spring
season for the Thursday Book Club at the 20th Century Club of Buffalo, NY. The ladies told me I could talk about anything I wanted to talk about -- ah, so many directions to choose from!

So, I chose to talk about what I learned from writing my first novel. I actually learned so much from that first experience, that I had to whittle it down to just three lessons learned, the results of which have served me well through the creation of my second and third novels.

I also need to mention the setting for the presentation, the 20th Century Club, which, according to the ladies, is the oldest woman's club in the country. It was founded in 1894 by Charlotte Mulligan. The "club house" was designed by E.B. Greene and is magnificent. And for those of you who read my books, you know how important setting is to me!  

What a super gathering of women. Such good conversation about books, careers, children! I was only sorry that I didn't get to speak with everyone! Thank you so much for the opportunity! 

And if you bought a book, or buy one in the future, don't forget to write a review for Amazon! Good or bad or somewhere in the middle, all reviews help Indie authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment