Friday, July 2, 2021

The Publishing Process Series: #1

One of the most frequent questions I am asked is, "How do you get a book published?"

I wish there was an easy answer! Writing is a long process. I once heard someone describe it as being similar to wading through mud. For me, it is more enjoyable than that, but there are parts where the going is slow, and the writer has to put in strenuous effort and perseverance if moving forward is expected. The process is even longer if the writing is a side endeavor, as it is for me right now. Balancing a career, family, and the fun of writing is a tightrope walk, but that might be best handled in another series of entries.

Over the next several entries, I am going to discuss the steps I've found it takes to getting a piece of writing published. Topics will include coming up with an idea, drafting, the role of beta readers, revising, and moving to book form, for starters. The publishing process
might be different for others, and I encourage comments, questions, and others' advice because no one's journey in this endeavor is the same.

Next Up: The Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment