Saturday, January 16, 2016

In Honor of Snape

"It is an ancient need to be told in stories. But the story needs a great storyteller."
                           - Alan Rickman


What sad news that Alan Rickman has passed.

He brought to life the unforgettable character of Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series. Often when I read a book, I create the characters in my head. Then, when I see the movie, I am undoubtedly disappointed by the actors chosen for the roles. But not with Alan Rickman’s portrayal. He was the perfect Snape.
 
I enjoyed how he acted with his eyes. If you knew the secrets the character held, you could see hints of them in his expressions all through the movies. It makes me truly sad that Snape, the unlikely hero, has died again.

As Snape loved Lily, we will love him “Always.”

2 comments: