Friday, July 15, 2016

Treasure Found!

Look what I found!

The original draft of Relic!

I knew it was somewhere, and I had been keeping my eye peeled for it for the last year or so as I did my weeding out. Then, a week or so ago, as I was cleaning out the deepest, darkest recesses of my classroom, I found it buried on the bottom shelf of a cupboard.

What is cool about this draft is that it was written years ago on a Brother word processor and is literally cut and pasted together as I rearranged paragraphs. You can also see where I added hand-written sentences as I changed the draft. It wasn’t like writing on a computer where you can go back into your paragraph and make immediate changes!

What fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Roberta! I'm the new Wyoming County historian. I was Dorie's assistant for 8 years prior to being appointed when she retired. Someone alerted me to your book so my assistant stopped at Sinclair's to pick it up. I wanted it for our local author section in our collection. So after I read it, it will be placed on our shelf. If your in the area, will you stop and sign it for us?


    ReplyDelete