Friday, April 29, 2016

Talking Writing with Teachers

Today I had the true pleasure of talking writing with colleagues. Teaching and writing buddy John and I discussed why, when and what we write in an attempt to inspire more teachers to find their inner novel.

We talked about how being a published writer adds a layer of credibility to you as a teacher.

As a teacher of English, writing Relic made me practice what I preached. I battled point of view, re-writing almost the entire manuscript as I changed from third to first person. I also can personally attest to how much effort goes into word choice to help create the tones associated with my scenes and characters. Both word choice, tone and point of view are aspects I want students to pay close attention to as they read to see how they affect the book as a whole.
We also got to chat about publishing, especially indie publishing.

Great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment