Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Stop on the Road

Seems I’ve lost immediate inspiration for Eye of the Peacock. I think I need a break to figure out some plot probs. In the meantime, I’ve begun toying with another idea that’s been knocking on my cranium.


I’ve been inspired by a location – again.  And shortly after visiting the sight this summer, a character for a fantasy popped into my head. I’ve developed him briefly, but he doesn’t even have a name yet.

Then, about two nights ago, at about 2 a.m. another character popped into my head. I think she starts the story. I’m trying to figure out how the two characters will connect – if they’ll ever meet.

The whole situation, made me remember Joseph Campbell’s hero’s journey. If you’ve never seen it, I’ve included a graphic. It’s a great outline for any hero’s story. I started using it when first organizing Peacock. I’m going to start working with it again to see how my new characters and the ever important location fit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment