Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wendy Corsi Staub

I am really excited. Today, I am attending a talk with Wendy Corsi Staub.

It's interesting how sometimes we stumble across things that help us on our journey. A while back, my favorite middle school librarian was pitching books to my 8th graders. She does this often, and as she does this, I keep a list of potential reads for myself. One title that made my list was Lilydale Awakening by Wendy Corsi Staub. Recently, the librarian pitched the book again, and when no 8th graders jumped, I took it out. I was interested in the book for a couple of reasons. It had a local setting and was paranormal. I wanted to see how a New York Times best selling author handled these two ideas that I also use in Relic. I really liked the book. Read the whole series.

While visiting friends in Virginia, I got an email from my favorite independent book store Monkey See, Monkey Do, that they were hosting a visit from Wendy Corsi Staub.

A sign? Maybe!

I'm hoping for some insight into the publishing world. Earlier this year, I set a personal goal to hear talks from as many authors as I could. So far, I've heard about ten, many though have been through broadcasts. I'm looking forward to hearing an author in person and perhaps hearing her answers to some of my burning questions.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment